Grain Broking Services
Grain Brokers Australia operate on a fee-for-service membership with growers across the country. Growers don’t get charged on the sale, rather we work with our clients throughout the season to maximise their farmgate return. When we work for you, it’s marketing one season’s grain for up to 24 months.
A local, expert broker working 100% for you
- Receive regular and efficient contact with a personalized and experienced grain broker.
- We do not receive any commissions from grain buyers or other companies when selling your grain and you can be confident we act for your best interest only.
- Pre/post-harvest grower meetings or on farm visits.
- You can rely on the Grain Brokers team to assist you in chasing late payments, clarifying contract details, and identifying site segregations.
- Whatever the issue, your broker will be at hand year-round to ensure your grain marketing is efficient, simple and, most importantly, successful.
Grain Marketing & Planning
Grain Brokers aren’t after a single sale at the top of the market; instead we broker to ensure a positive bottom line for your grain marketing year-round. We’ll ensure to:
- Build an understanding of your business and family needs, create marketing plans that work to achieve those goals, minimise production risk and track your results through our Cropping Sensitivity Plans.
- Regular reporting of your expected revenue based on expected production, sales and current market values
- Understand where your price targets are in comparison to the current market and what decile the prices represent.
- Monitor debtors for timely payments and adverse warning signs.
Grain Sales & Brokerage
Grain Brokers facilitate the purchase and sale of your grain. We’ll act as the central communication point between buyers and sellers, working to negotiate best price out comes for you, and completing all transaction processes on the sellers behalf. We also:
- Work with growers to set target prices and then monitor these on your behalf to capture pricing opportunities in a volatile market place.
- From wheat to barley, canola to field peas, we will find the best market for you.
- Make you aware of ad hoc opportunities that present themselves to gain more farm gate value to your business.
- Never make a grain sale without your expressed consent, but once that is given, there is nothing more you need to do.
- Promise there will be no pressure for you to sell your grain – you decide when to pull the trigger.
Market Analysis & Updates
- Access up to date grain prices from multiple buyers and markets at any time of the day on your phone or computer with our Live Pricing platform, which is one of the best of its kind in the industry.
- You won’t miss a limited time bid or site-specific price due to an outdated daily text.
- Get ahead of the market with daily prices across all season, grades, and port zones with graphical analysis, and weekly newsletters with national and international market news, the best sales of the week, plus profiles of other growers and crop conditions.
- Receive our annual harvest manual with all the information such as freight rates, receival standards and site availability to get you through the most important time of the year.
- Be the first to know of all the important updates in the industry including a wrap-up of each USDA report.
- Keep track of all of your sales and cropping plans, your sold and unsold position, as well as your gross profit reports through the GBA Online Portal – your personal grain marketing filing cabinet.
- This actively brokered platform enables you to create price targets with your broker, record your results, and access each contract – ideal for your own records, bookkeeping, accountant or consultant.
Think of us as a back office, saving you the hassles of dealing with your grain administration tasks. We’ll assist by:
- Managing, facilitating and filling your contracts properly all year round – taking care of the negotiation, contract records and transfer of grain to the best scenario, no matter the commodity or sale type.
- Monitoring your grain deliveries, quality, contracts, and paperwork in all bulk handling systems.
- Helping complete your End Point Royalty declaration, ISCC and any other regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring you are setup for payment, get paid on time and receive your Recipient Created Tax Invoices for all grain sales.
Access to Domestic Markets
Grain Brokers Australia is very active in the domestic market. Through the use of a subsidiary company (WA Grains), GBA has access to a larger range of Domestic and Export Markets and can:
- Use the efficiencies of large volumes, logistical advantages and established relationships to get higher prices for GBA Members than what would otherwise be available.
- Credit Insure against counter-parties.
- Payment terms can be altered to suit the grower.
- Can participate in Domestic Markets while still delivering to CBH.
Random Tonnage Brokerage
GBA also offer a Random Tonnage Brokerage Service for non-members. A Random Tonnage Brokerage Fee per tonne applies to parcels sold.
Grain brokers subsidiary company, Aghaul Logistics can provide a reliable and efficient haulage service to Western Australian customers at competitive rates. Aghaul Logistics provides bulk haulage of grain, fertiliser, lime, feed, sand, mulch, manure etc from Esperance to Geraldton and provide bulk cartage to the NorthWest (triples). Plus, harvest carting from Geraldton to the south.
No job is too big or too small so please contact us today for a free no obligation quote on 0487 888 587